ScanWatcher User Survey Results – Reasons to view an AP Invoice
July 04, 2012
Author: Andrew Storm
The following are the results of a survey conducted with some of our ScanWatcher customers throughout New Zealand, Australia, SE Asia and Europe.
Reasons to view an Accounts Payable invoice
- Managers can access invoices straight from the finance system’s enquiry screens.
- Routing electronically for approval and coding.
- Internal and External Audit can access invoices without having to visit the sites.
- Invoices can be easily retrieved and sent to Government funding bodies upon request.
- Supplier queries can be answered easily by anyone who has access to AP enquiries.
- Ensure that correct account has been debited as original coding is written on the invoice (our AP goes to bureau who does the data entry and they can mis-enter what was written on the invoice).
- Copy of the invoice needed to return goods.
- Find supplier’s contact details like phone number as we want to get in touch with them again.
- Want to reorder from the same supplier and need to know product code(s).
- Prove invoice has been paid by checking invoice number etc when supplier questions payment.
- Check date invoice was received as it is stamped on the invoice.
- Check payment terms on invoice.
- Check GST compliance of invoice if questioned.
- Check subsequent invoices don’t include items already paid for.
- Auditors wanting to check transactions.
- To verify it is from the right supplier.
- To verify it is for right amount for right goods (like the details of items purchased, GST amount, discounts etc.).
- To verify that the invoice is addressed to the right person.
- We need to have this image as Finance cannot assume the correct goods/service are received at the staff end.
Link the scanned image of your Accounts Payable Invoices directly into your Accounting System using ScanWatcher. Please contact us for a no obligation consultation.
Make enquiry ▸